This website uses cookies to function correctly.
You may delete cookies at any time but doing so may result in some parts of the site not working correctly.


Please note that the surgery will be closed on Friday 19th and Monday 22nd April 2019 for the Easter bank holiday.

If you need urgent medical attention whilst we are closed, please refer to the ‘when we are closed’ section of the website.

All patients at Garswood Surgery have been allocated a named GP. Your named GP is either;

Dr H Parr

Dr D Lawson


Dr A Newton.

Please ask at Reception if you would like more Information.


Unfortunately  the Practice cannot register patients from Billinge Surgery, at this time.  This is being constantly reviewed, but the partners do not feel that it is appropriate at this time. 

Need Urgent Dental Care?

If you need help with an urgent dental problem, call our helpline, available from 9am to 9:30pm everyday, including weekends and Bank Holidays.

0161 476 9651 (Local Rate)

Local dental providers offer NHS urgent dental clinics across Cheshire and Merseyside, with urgent appointments for patients who need urgent treatment, advice and support on dental queries or referral to other services.

The service is provided according to strict clinical criteri

a and when you call you'll be assessed by a member of our clinical team to make sure your problem come under either:

  • Trauma - this is usually caused by a blow to the face, a lost filling is not classed as a trauma.
  • Swelling of the face
  • Bleeding, uncontrolled, such as after an extraction
  • Pain that can't be controlled by pain relief medicines.

If you're given an appointment and your problem doesn't fit of the above, you'll still have to pay the NHS fee but may receive advice and not treatment.

Clinic times vary.and at busy times or when your local clinic's not available you may be offered an appointment at an alternative location.

Please not: this is an appointment only service - we do not operate a "drop in" service at any of our surgeries

Community Care Assessments

A community care assessment is the means by which a local authority decides if you are in need of community care services.

The single assessment process will include such things as your health, housing, whether you have enough money to live on, how you cope with daily living tasks such as washing and bathing and the preparation of meals. It should also take into consideration your psychological needs, for example, what you think and feel.

It will also look at what sources of help the person needing care already has access to, such as carers, family, or nearby friends, and their willingness to continue providing care.

If it is decided that you do not require support from your local council, the social worker should give you a copy of your Needs Assessment. If, however, it is decided that you do require support from your local council social services, these needs should be in writing on a form; this is known as a Care Plan. This Care Plan should state each of your individual needs, how they are to be met, details of when and who will be meeting them, and why they need to be met.

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website