Many vulnerable people are entitled to a free home sight test. In order to qualify to receive free eye tests at home, certain NHS eligibility criteria must be met.
If you can answer"yes" to any of the following, AND you are unable to leave your home without help, then you may qualify to have a free NHS eye test carried out in your own home. You may also be entitled to help with the cost of glasses.
- 60 years of age or over?
- Diagnosed with diabetes or glaucoma?
- Considered to be at risk of glaucoma (as diagnosed by an ophthalmologist)?
- 40 years of age or over and the parent, brother, sister, son or daughter of a person diagnosed with glaucoma?
- Registered blind or partially sighted?
- Eligible for an NHS Complex Lens Voucher (your optician will advise on your entitlement)?
- Claiming benefit (Income Support, Income based Jobseeker’s Allowance, Pension Credit Guarantee or receiving tax credits and meeting qualifying conditions)?
- On a low income and named on a valid HC2 (full help) or HC3 (partial help certificate)?
Healthcall Optical Services offer a home eye testing service and they can be contacted on 01582 390828 or you can email them at email@example.com